Experience the Ecstasy

An attempted collection of some verses penned down by me in ink or voltages. Whatever be the form, choice of words or context; these have acted as the belvedere to vent out my thoughts and emotions.

Also visit: My Urdu poetry http://humarikalamse.blogspot.com/
and My Views at Whimsical Discourse (http://khushi.wordpress.com/)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States


"With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion"

Sunday, February 26, 2006

“Just Friends ”

“ Why Can’t we be Friends only? ”

An invitation to a dinner, to a Mongolian cuisine
Thought I’ll try out, a place I had never been

A small group of four, I knew none but one
Still the aura was amiable, after the greetings were done

We all were so different, with personalities so unique
Still had so much in common, no lackluster and no geek

With a delectable meal, fun blasts hurting the gums

We exchanged our contacts, and acquaintances turned chums.

A startling surprise, was a dessert treat
Luscious frosty fudge, followed by a warm retreat

A warm Sunday morning, we got together again
A daylight-saving swap, caused mayhem - still sane

Saw an aquarium in ruins, still enchanting at its best
Last day before it closed, gloomy with final guests

Time flew by, we became good pals
Hung out often…..Dance, movies and malls

We grew closer, and shared a thoughtful care
From good to great…..rapport changed a gear

A sudden twist of fate, I didn’t see it come
His proposal for marriage….completely left me numb

It wasn’t a game, he was true at heart
I liked him a lot, but love wasn’t on the chart.

He said “Don’t hurry!! Give it a thought”
Whatever concerns you have, we can sit and sort.

Hours and Days, I did contemplate
It would be for life, not just a date.

He confronted me again; I think he had a guess,
With all honesty at heart, I couldn’t come up with a “yes”.

In grief, he took the hint…said glad that things are clear,
He can now move on, and stop holding me dear.

An irony it is, in a clash of “love” and “like”
Triumph for neither, knocked out in a strike

Around this jagged corner, I’ve lost a great friend
So kind and caring, both dismayed at this end.


Forgive me buddy, never wanted to give u pain
No words would comfort…..all efforts'll go in vain.

There’ll always be someone, for your wellness shall she plea
And savor this friendship…..and that someone shall be me.


-- Khushi

13 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

an unkind word spoken,
the fault is not your own
for the loss of one,
doesn't leave you alone

the decision was mutual,
no bluster or rage
life can move on,
quietly as turn of a page

these feelings are humane
i hear the solitary cry
it's so bad a pain
to see friendships die

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Shashank said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:21:00 AM  
Blogger Shashank said...

I have seen lots of people losing friend for the same reason. I guess people need to understand that every relationship between two people of opposite sex doesn't means marriage!

I would not prefer to loose a good friend just because I cannot marry her. It's really difficult to find a real good friend and losing them is simply unafforable.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard the "HUM TUM" song in which Saif ali khan tries to explaim how the girls always say..Hum aache dost hain...mein tumhe us nazar se kabhi dekha nahi....

I think u might have heard it but if not then try listening..

Most of the times girls do like that.
I dont know your case but to be very frank what i think is that girls know when the boy is going to make a move or when he is trying to be more than a friend but they never stop him at that moment. They always wait for the boy to ask the question so that they can reject him.. and add one more to their list..

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lagta hai Random guy ko Zor ka Zhatka dhire se laga hai!!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger KHUSHI - "Scintillant" said...

Mr and Ms Random,

Would you mind sharing your identities please ?

ciao
Khushi

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randon girl ..first of all choose your own name.

I dont know if i had a taste of it not but frankly speaking dont u think that most of the times girls do like that...

I think that if you really care some much about friendship and then there are thousands of ways to tell the boy that you dont love him..

what is your opinion about this random girl..

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY KUSHI DONT WANT TO SPOIL YOUR BLOG
I really liked the way u write so just chipped in


55 Replies when boy propose a girl


Here are the top most reply of a girl, when we propose her...

1) Nahi.................???

2) Chiiiii.....Kitne gande soch hain tumhare.......

3) Maine tumhe sirf ek acche dost ki nazar se dekha hai ....

4) Mera pehle se ek boyfrnd hai....

5 ) Main in baton pe vishwas nahi karti, apne padhai pe dhyaan lagao...

6) tum abhi tak mujhe jaante kahan ho ?Yeh shayad infatuation hai....

7) Tumhara bank balance kitna hai…??

8) Magar last year to maine tumhe raakhi baandhi thi ..hai naa..bhaiyya..??

9) Mein abhi is relation ke liye mentally prepared nahi hoo....

10) Mein apne dady se pooch ke tumhe kaal answer karu…??

11) Itni si baat kehne ke liye itni der lagaa di??

12) Ye donon ke dil me hai na, to phir kya kehna!!

13) Sorry

14) "……Apna chehra kabhi aayine me dekha hai….. L……………………………"

15) "Main toh tumhe apna Bhai maanati hu"

16) "Yes .. I too like you … (but hope you don't cheat on me ) " … (Which we guys most oftenly do )

17) Phele kyon nahi bataya ab tum late ho gaye ..

18) Tum agar pehle mile hote to sochti.

19) Tumhari himmat kaise hui mere baare mein aisa sochne ki… (probably followed by a slap)

20) Girl: mujhe sochna ka wakt do…
Guy: kitna wakt???(with hope)
Girl: saat janam


21) Mai ek shaadi shuda ladki hu ;-)

22) Mein tumhare chotte bhai se pyaar karti hoon…

23) Now that's a real tragedy….
Girl: Hee hee ……hee hee hee…..hee ….hee……hee……
Hee hee ……hee hee hee…..hee ….hee……hee……

24) Boy: I love U!
Gal: I don't think abt all this before marriage.

25) Keep loving I don't care.

26) Tum mere liye kya kar sakte ho…

27) Kaun sa number hai mera tumhare proposals ki history mein.
Ha ha ha ha….

28) tumhe is nazar se kabhi dekha nahi

29) tumhare barre mein kabhi aisa socha nahi

30) mummy se pooch kar bataungi

31) mere bhaiyya se baat kar lo , who hi tumhe samajhayenge

32) Knyo, Tina ne "No" bola?

33) Lekin tum to Mina ke piche pade the, Kya usne thappad mara?

34) Kitne time ke liye -???

35) Worst one-- Jo bhi bolna hai jaldi bolo mera beta school se aata hoga..

36) Thanks. I love you, too.

37) Boy :- Sonya, I love U…..
Gal :- Sorry , Next 3 Months tak Waiting List chal rahi hai….

38) "What?"

39) "Let's just stay away from this"

40)



44) My friend in college got one classic reply … "I THINK I'M ENGAGED"

45) "I think, I will have better options in future ..."
Mujhe tumse is baare mein koi baat nahi karni, then she starts ignoring, phir bhi nahi
sudhare then she threatens via some common friends.

46) My Boy friend is very short Tempered. Beware of it.

47) like you as a friend but I never thought about us like this…cant we be just good friends for ever

47) Actually my younger sis likes you a lot. ..

48) My mummy does not like your family (if the family knows each other.) ..

49) "Why me?..Tumne mere meih essa kya dekha?..."she wants you to list down all the Good qualities that you even might have not seen in her. ...

50) SLAP !! ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....it is said ..

51)hehe I didnt expect that from you....

52)nice joke ...

53)tu ladke kuchh or nahi soch sakte jaha ladki dekhi fisl gaye.....

54)achha tum bhi meine socha sirf harsh,nikhil,ravi, etc etc ko hi mujhme interest hai
and then walks on.............

55)tumhe to purpose karna bhi nahi aata paheli bari hai kya koyi baat nahi mein batati hun...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger abc123def456 said...

Awsome...too good....especially the rhyming...btw I also wante d to writ epoems but I could not find such similar sounding words and also having the meaning that I want to convey..If you can help me ...

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger KHUSHI - "Scintillant" said...

Thanks for the compliments Mr "Random" Guy.

Your collection of the responses was hilarious too. With your permission I would want to publish them as a post at my blog on www.khushi.wordpress.com

Mr. "pd", Thanks....I saw your blog....You are commendable in your literary ways too.

ciao
Khushi

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go ahead but do mention the source..otherwise it would be plagiarism..

Friday, March 10, 2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger KHUSHI - "Scintillant" said...

So what is the source....

I would be too glad to acknowledge the original author.....I hate plagiarism myself.

If you are the original author, the only thing I know about you is that you are "random" from Virginia.

Let me know sooner.
-- Khushi

Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would keep it as Random guy only as it represents the “WHOLE COMMUNITY”

and where did the random girl go...

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home